All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe prophecy of Zephaniah is a compendium of prophetic thoughts on the nature of YHWH's relationship with His people. This research critically builds on past scholarships and exegetically demonstrates the thematic, literary and theological relationships of Zephaniah 1:14-18 and 3:14-20 with the rest of the Twelve Mir Prophets, Deuteromistic History and with Psalm 126 and insists on Zephaniah's creative and unique understanding of God, His judgment and saving roles. Taking the judgment and wrath narrative in Zephaniah 1:14-18 as its pericope of exegetical departure, the author diachronically and synchronically studies in detail the contents, meaning, relevance and the theological values of Zephaniah's Day of YHWH to all cultures and religious communities. In particular, he emphasizes the fuller and salvific tion of a God who t only judges, intervenes in human history, punishes sinners, but loves, shows mercy, rewards, saves, inspires hope and restores the fortunes of the remnant who repents ( Zephaniah 3:14-20).
- Author BiographyMichael Ufok Udoekpo, currently an Associate Pastor in the Church of the Good Shepherd, Holbrook, NY was born in 1966 in Southern Nigeria. He studied philosophy at the Claretian Institute of Philosophy and theology at Bigard Memorial Seminary, Nigeria. Udoekpo has Bachelor's Degrees in philosophy and theology from the Pontifical Urban University, Rome. Having been ordained a priest for the Catholic Diocese of Ikot Ekpene in 1995, Udoekpo served in various administrative, editorial, teaching and pastoral capacities both in Nigeria and the United States. He attended St. John's University, New York and the Catholic University of America, Washington DC for his postgraduate education in theology and biblical studies, and obtained his doctorate from Angelicum, Rome. Udoekpo is a member of the Society of Biblical Literature and the Catholic Biblical Association of America.
- Author(s)Michael Ufok Udoekpo
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication12/11/2010
- Series TitleAlte Testament im Dialog - An Outline of an Old Testament Dialogue
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Notetables
- Weight690 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.