All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThe last twenty years or so has seen a change in the perception of solid state chemistry, in particular the scientific significance of understanding the relationship between chemical structure and physical properties. As such, it w forms an important part of both mainstream chemistry and material science degrees. Reactions and Characterization of Solids is designed as an introductory text with plenty of illustrative examples to reinforce the essentials of the topic. In the first few chapters, the fundamental principles of elementary crystal chemistry are introduced, together with the principles of both preparing and characterizing materials in the solid state. Some elementary thermodynamics are also included at this stage to introduce the idea of bond strength as a method of determining and predicting compound stability. General physical properties such as electronic and magnetic behaviour are discussed, together with specific topics relating to solid state materials such as n-stoichiometry. Furthermore, several solid state materials are described in detail, relating the fundamental properties and structural behaviour covered throughout the book to real systems and working materials. Ideal for the needs of undergraduate chemistry students, Tutorial Chemistry Texts is a major series consisting of short, single topic or modular texts concentrating on the fundamental areas of chemistry taught in undergraduate science courses. Each book provides a concise account of the basic principles underlying a given subject, embodying an independent-learning philosophy and including worked examples.
- Author BiographyProfessor Abel is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Exeter.
- Author(s)Sandra E. Dann
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTutorial Chemistry Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Series Edited byA. G. Davies,David Phillips,J. Derek Woollins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.