All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionRecent national achievement data reveal significant outcome disparities between African American boys and other student groups by grade 4. This issue has drawn much attention from teachers, parents, researchers, and policy makers all across the United States of America. African American boys are t homogeneous in nature. Consequently, Read and Succeed: Practices to Support Reading Skills in African American Boys begins by identifying a host of potential factors that contribute to reading disengagement and under-achievement in African American boys in P-5 contexts. This book presents and discusses a multi-strategic framework for teachers, administrators, librarians, and parents to implement collaboratively to combat this issue. Read and Succeed additionally provides valuable and practical resources for teachers, administrators, and other school officials to use to increase reading engagement and achievement in African American boys.
- Author BiographyTerry Husband is an assistant professor of early childhood and elementary literacy at Illinois State University. Prior to accepting this position, he spent over 10 years as a teacher in Columbus, Ohio.
- Author(s)Terry Husband
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note6 tables
- Weight190 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.