All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.87Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis reader uses an alternative approach to gender at work to provoke new thinking about traditional management topics, such as leadership and negotiation. * Presents students with an alternative conceptual approach to gender in the workplace. * Connects gender with other dimensions of difference such as race and class for a deeper understanding of diversity in organizations. * Illustrates how traditional images of competence and the ideal worker result in narrow ways of thinking about work, limiting both opportunity and organizational effectiveness. * Provokes new ways of thinking about leadership, human resource management, negotiation, globalization and organizational change.
- Author BiographyRobin J. Ely is Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Harvard Business School and affiliated faculty member at the Center for Gender in Organizations, Simmons School of Management. She is author of numerous articles published in scholarly and popular management journals and is a co--editor of Mentoring Dilemmas: Developmental Relationships in Multicultural Organizations (ed. with A. J. Murrell and F. J. Crosby, 1999). Erica Gabrielle Foldy is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard Business School, a Researcher at the Center for Gender in Organizations, Simmons School of Management, and an Assistant Professor at the Wagner School of Public Service at New York University. Her work has been published in several journals and edited volumes. Maureen A. Scully is Professor of Management at the Center for Gender in Organizations, Simmons School of Management. She is author of numerous articles published in management journals and is a co--author of Managing for the Future: Organizational Behavior and Processes (with D. Ancona, T. Kochan, J. Van Maanen, and E. Westney, second edition 1998). She is currently working on a book, Luck, Pluck, or Merit? How Americans Make Sense of Inequality.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2003
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note2 illustrations
- Weight938 g
- Width175 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byErica Gabrielle Foldy,Maureen A Scully,Robin J. Ely
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.