All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionReading Basics for All Teachers: Supporting the Common Core guides teachers as they provide literacy instruction in every subject area. The components of the reading process are analyzed and provide the reader with an understanding of foundational reading skills as well as the shifts in literacy instruction. With the increased importance of complex texts and the use of textual evidence in support of comprehension, every teacher needs to be prepared to champion literacy development. Each chapter analyzes one of the strands of the literacy process. The characteristics and impact of oral language, phological awareness, decoding, phonics and word analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension are addressed in depth. The strands that students must master to become proficient readers are examined in each chapter. Classroom visits and literary connections help the reader visualize the strands' impact on instruction. Then the overarching why is addressed by analyzing research supporting the instruction in each of the strands. Assessments and activities are incorporated to support the understanding and implementation of each strand in order to move readers from theory to practice. As readers tie the strands of reading together to form an understanding of the entire process, they will see how their instructional practices can impact effective literacy instruction in every subject area.
- Author BiographyLin Carver is the Reading Program Administrator at Saint Leo University for the Master's in Reading program where she instructs and designs courses for both public and private school teachers. She earned her PhD in Literacy from Walden University and her research and presentation agenda focuses on literacy, technology, and assessment. In her more than thirty years in education, she has served students at the elementary, middle, high school, and graduate levels as a teacher, reading specialist, literacy coach, and professor. Lin works hand-in-hand with K-12 public schools as a literacy consultant. Lauren Pantoja is an Information Communication and Technology Literacy Coach at Chasco Middle School in Pasco County, Florida where she also teaches Advanced Language Arts. During her thirty years in education, she has taught elementary school, exceptional student education, and middle and high school reading, drama, English, and English for speakers of other languages. In addition to being an academic coach, Lauren designs and teaches courses for adults seeking reading endorsement. As a Nationally Board Certified teacher, she has served as a National Literacy Project Support Teacher for the Teacher2Teacher Initiative and serves on the Saint Leo University Advisory Board. Lauren has been the recipient of the Teacher of the Year award at three secondary schools and has been recognized for Best Practices in Teaching English Students of Other Languages.
- Author(s)Lauren Pantoja,Lin Carver
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication18/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight222 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.