All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores representations of gender, sexuality and ethnicity in Hindi films, in the socio-political context and in terms of how young audiences in India and the UK construct them. In-depth interviews, observations and photographs provide insights into spectatorship and comparison with theories about Hindi film and popular culture.
- Author BiographySHAKUNTALA BANAJI Lecturer in Media and Communication, London School of Economics, UK. She taught English and Media Studies before researching Hindi films and audiences. She has lectured and published on Hindi film, news audiences, methodology and media, cultural studies and society.
- Author(s)Shakuntala Banaji
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/05/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight300 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.