All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLost , created by wunderkind J.J. Abrams and aired on the US ABC network and Sky in the UK, began in 2004 and will end after its sixth season in 2010, hopefully with the answers to myriad questions. This book t only offers a rich understanding of the multi-media phemen that is Lost , but is also a valuable demonstration of how the contemporary American television industry works. Lost is perfectly designed to serve the new multi-channel, 'multi-plaform' mediascape.Its cinematic visuals and complex narrative place it above the competition, its international cast and ostensibly worldwide locations (actually Hawaii's Oahu island) give it global distribution. Lost continues to fascinate - and mystify (that polar bear, that four-toed statue) - today's techlogically savvy 'forensic fandom', whose members mobilise i-Pods and cell phones to watch episodes and revel in the complexities of 'The Lost Experience'. These and many more issues involving Lost's production, distribution, narrative, and audiences are addressed by this essential book.
- Author BiographyRoberta Pearson is a Professor of Film and Television Studies and Director of the Institute of Film and Television Studies, University of Nottingham. She has authored, co-authored and co-edited numerous books and articles including the co-edited 'Cult Television' (2004) and several essays on 'Star Trek'. She is currently editing Blackwells 'Companion to Television Genres'.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleReading Contemporary Television
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRoberta E. Pearson
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.