All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book-length study of the groundbreaking work of Rey Chow, whose work has transformed the fields of postcolonialism, cultural studies, film, ethnicity and gender. It describes and explains the features and the breadth of Chow's interventions and illustrates Chow's arguments by way of the analysis of a range of engaging examples drawn from the fields of film, popular music, identity and popular culture. Chow's work is of interest and importance to anyone working on questions of international and transnational film; popular culture; postcolonialism; poststructuralism; and Chinese, Hong Kong and Asian identity in different national contexts; as well as sex, gender and ethnic politics in general. This book elaborates on and illustrates Chow's fascinating contributions to scholarship and kwledge across many different fields by arguing that her work can best be understood in relation to the projects of cultural studies and postcolonial studies. In this way, the work sets out both the enduring importance of these wider projects and the importance of Rey Chow's contributions to them.
- Author BiographyPaul Bowman teaches cultural studies at Cardiff University, United Kingdom. He is the author of many academic books, including Post-Marxism versus Cultural Studies and, most recently, Beyond Bruce Lee: Chasing the Dragon through Film, Philosophy and Popular Culture.
- Author(s)Paul Bowman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.