All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $34.13Trending at AU $37.90
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a study of the readership of the most popular commercial daily newspaper in China during the early twentieth century, Reading Shenbao investigates ideas of nationalism, consumerism and individuality, looking at the relationship between advertising, modern lifestyles and changing social attitudes in China as it underwent modernization.
- Author BiographyWEIPIN TSAI is a historian of modern China, specializing in political, regional trading and socio-economic interests from the late Qing to the Republican period, including globalization and colonial influence in China, and consumerism in daily life. She is currently a lecturer in the History Department of Royal Holloway, University of London, UK.
- Author(s)Weipin Tsai
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight470 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.