All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the relationship between tourism and travel texts and contemporary society, and how each is shaped by the other. A multimodal analysis is used to consider a variety of texts including vels, brochures, blogs, websites, radio commercials, videos, postcards and authentic tourist pictures and their meaning-making dynamics within the tourism discourse. The book looks at the ways in which these different texts have influenced how tourists and travellers have been viewed over time and how we envision ourselves as tourists or travellers. It puts forward multimodal analysis as the best framework for exploring the semiotic potential of these texts. Including examples from the UK, Malta, Canada, New Zealand, India, Jamaica and South Africa, this volume will be useful for researchers and students in tourism studies, communication and media studies and applied linguistics.
- Author BiographySabrina Francesconi is Adjunct Professor of English Linguistics and Translation at the University of Trento, Italy. Her research interests include English for Tourism, Multimodality, Multimodally Expressed Humour (MEH) and Genre Analysis.
- Author(s)Sabrina Francesconi
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, black & white tables, maps
- Weight258 g
- Width148 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.