All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReading Weather provides a quick and simple way to understand how the atmosphere works, how to interpret and use weather forecasts before venturing outdoors, and also how to make your own forecast in the field by observing the changes in the weather. This fully updated and revised reference will arm you with the meteorological kwledge necessary to make good decisions on whether to proceed or retreat in the face of a storm. Also included are helpful definitions, tables, and simplified graphics of common weather features.
- Author BiographyJim Woodmencey grew up hiking, backpacking, and, eventually, climbing in the Sierras. In his college years he worked as a summer mountain guide in the Cascade and Alaska Ranges. He received a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology from Montana State University in 1982, and then spent a winter working at the Alaska Avalanche Forecast Center as an avalanche and mountain weather forecaster.Since then, Jim has lived in Jackson, Wyoming, where he spent 14 summers working as a Climbing and Rescue Ranger for Grand Teton National Park and 20 winters as a helicopter ski guide. In 1991 Jim established his own weather consulting business, MountainWeather(TM), and he currently works as the on-air meteorologist for the local radio station, forecasting the weather for Jackson Hole and the Teton Mountains. Jim is a member of the American Meteorological Society and is certified as an instructor with the American Avalanche Association. In his spare time he teaches both avalanche and weather forecasting courses. You can learn more about Jim and MountainWeather(TM) at www.mountainweather.com.
- Author(s)Jim Woodmencey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight5 g
- Width111 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSecond Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.