All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.29Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn Reading Wellness , Jan Burkins and Kim Yaris remind you why you became a teacher in the first place. They want children and teachers to thrive as readers and to feel the deep satisfaction that comes with meaningful encounters with texts. Built around a framework of four intentions - alignment, balance, sustainability, and joy - Reading Wellness offers teachers a series of lessons that help children read closely and carefully while still houring their interests, passions, and agency as readers. The lessons here, which have been field-tested in grades 1-5, are interconnected and empower classroom communities, are filled with anecdotes and insights, and are practical, sustainable, and frequently joyful.
- Author BiographyJan Burkins, co-author of <i>Preventing Misguided Reading </i>(IRA, 2010) and Kim Yaris are the writers and thinkers behind <i>Burkins and Yaris -- Think Tank for 21st Century Literacy</i>, where their blog and their instructional resources have drawn a national audience and made them thought leaders in the field of literacy instruction. Both former teachers, Jan and Kim are passionate about helping educators navigate, understand, and teach instructional standards without sacrificing their inner teacher. In their roles as staff developers, they work closely with schools and districts -- facilitating staff development, conducting in-class demonstrations, and developing curriculum.
- Author(s)Jan Miller Burkins,Kim Yaris
- PublisherStenhouse Publishers
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationYork, Maine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStenhouse Publishers
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byChristopher Lehman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.