All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Victorian manufacturing town, famous for the 'three b's' - beer, bulbs and biscuits - to its current status as a major centre for service industries and cutting-edge techlogy, Reading has a proud and distinctive identity. This extraordinary history is embodied in the buildings that have shaped the town. Reading in 50 Buildings explores the history of this rich and vibrant community through a selection of its greatest architectural treasures. From the medieval Abbey Gateway to the modern Oracle shopping centre, this unique study celebrates the city's architectural heritage in a new and accessible way. Well-kwn local author Stuart Hylton guides the reader on a tour of the city's historic buildings and modern architectural marvels.
- Author BiographyStuart Hylton grew up in Windsor, studied at Manchester University and has written over twenty books on historical subjects, local and national, including From Rationing to Rock, Their Darkest Hour, an alternative view of the Home Front during the Second World War, A History of Manchester, The Grand Experiment and The Horseless Carriage. He is a member of the Education Team at the Great Western Society's Didcot Railway Centre.
- Author(s)Stuart Hylton
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- Series TitleIn 50 Buildings
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.