All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn wide-ranging and invative criticism, Stan Persky examines international n-fiction and fiction to engage with both the triumphs and tensions of reading and writing today. Evaluating works by established authors Philip Roth, Orhan Pamuk, J.M. Coetzee, and Jose Saramago, as well as emerging writers like Naomi Klein, Javier Cercas, and Chimamanda Adichie, Persky also showcases a remarkable group of reporters - Steve Coll, Dexter Filkins, and Rajiv Chandrasekaran - who have written essential books about global issues. An illuminating and accessible work about the present age, Reading the 21st Century introduces new ways of thinking about the world's most significant cultural, political, and moral problems.
- Author BiographyStan Persky is the author of numerous books, including the Hubert Evans Prize-winning The Short Version: An ABC Book. He teaches philosophy at Capilano University in North Vancouver.
- Author(s)Stan Persky
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Weight431 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine534 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.