All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe first part gives a critical overview of the Christendom model and a thorough examination of the Anabaptist subversion of that model. The author goes on to suggest that Jesus should be central to any Christian biblical interpretation.
- Author BiographyLloyd Pietersen is Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator in New Testament Studies at the University of Gloucester, UK. Lloyd has an MA and PhD from the University of Sheffield. His PhD traced the development of Pauline communities, as represented in the Pastoral Epistles, from the first to the second and subsequent generations. This was published in the Journal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement Series as The Polemic of the Pastorals (T & T Clark, 2004). He was previously a part-time Research Fellow in the Department of Theology & Religious Studies at the University of Bristol where he taught both New Testament and Anabaptist Studies. He currently serves on the national steering group of the Anabaptist Network in Great Britain and Ireland. His research interests include the Pastoral Epistles, sociological approaches to NT interpretation, Anabaptist hermeneutics and biblical spirituality. He is also involved in a research project with Professors Andrew Lincoln and Gordon McConville on the Bible and Spirituality. Lloyd is a member of the British New Testament Society and has served as its Treasurer since 2004. He co-chairs the Social World of the New Testament Seminar at its annual conference. He is also a member of the Society of Biblical Literature, the Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality and the British Sociological Association.
- Author(s)Lloyd Pietersen
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight331 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.