All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe texts that comprise this volume were selected from Helene Cixous's seminars on the work of Clarice Lispector. They reflect Cixous's own meditations on problems of reading and writing, and on related themes such as exchange and the gift, love and passion, as well as trace the influence of Lispector's work on her own development. Reading the Brazilian writer from the vantage point of modern theory, Cixous aims to draw her into the mainstream of current debates which question the concept of the so-called rational Cartesian individual and which te the increasing power of the social and applied sciences that seek to establish control over the individual. The book includes extracts of Clarice Lispector's prose writing, such as The Apple in the Dark - The Temptations of Understanding and The Hour of the Star:How Does One Desire Wealth or Poverty? .
- Author(s)Helene Cixous
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication31/07/1990
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleTheory & History of Literature S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 73
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Weight270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byVerena Andermatt Conley
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.