All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReadings for Reflective Teaching in Schools provides a portable library of over a hundred readings to support teacher education and professional development. Extensively updated since earlier editions, the book concisely introduces both classic and contemporary research and understanding on teaching and learning. The selection reflects current issues and concerns in education and has been designed to support school-led teacher education as well as a wide range of school-university partnership arrangements. Uniquely, two types of reading are provided: - summaries enabling easy access to evidence on key classroom issues - including relationships, behaviour, curriculum planning, teaching strategies and assessment processes; - analyses of deeper forms of understanding about teaching and learning processes, to support the development of expertise throughout a teaching career. This collection of readings is edited by Andrew Pollard, former Director of the UK's Teaching and Learning Research Programme, with the advice of primary and secondary specialists from the University of Cambridge. Readings for Reflective Teaching in Schools is part of a fully integrated set of resources for primary and secondary education. Reflective Teaching in Schools focuses on how to achieve high-quality teaching and learning. By design, it offers both practical support for effective practice and routes towards deeper expertise. The website, reflectiveteaching.co.uk, offers supplementary resources including reflective activities, research briefings, advice on further reading and additional chapters. It also features a glossary, links to useful websites, and a conceptual framework for deepening expertise. This book is one of the Reflective Teaching Series - inspiring education through invation in early years, schools, further, higher and adult education.
- Author BiographyAndrew Pollard is Professor of Education and supports educational research at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK, and the University of Bristol, UK. He taught for ten years before becoming a teacher educator and researcher. He was Director of the UK-wide Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP) and advised the government on the National Curriculum Review.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleReflective Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight995 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDr. Amy Pollard,Professor Andrew Pollard
- Series Edited byDr. Amy Pollard,Professor Andrew Pollard
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.