Readings in Contemporary Chinese Cinema: A Textbook of Advanced Modern Chinese by Chih-p'ing Chou, Joanne Chiang, Professor Wei Wang (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost Chinese-language textbooks today cater to beginners and intermediate-level students, but virtually ne address the unique needs of advanced students seeking to expand or reinforce their language skills in one semester. Readings in Contemporary Chinese Cinema fills this gap through the use of critically acclaimed Chinese films to teach students Chinese while also broadening their kwledge about China. The authors have carefully chosen ten movies produced in recent decades by filmmakers from mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Set broadly within the twentieth century, these classic films are representative of both urban and rural life, and vividly depict the diversity of perspectives that comprise contemporary Chinese society. The authors provide an informative sypsis and critique of each movie, and include selections of movie dialogue that allow students to practice and build proficiency. The comprehensive lessons are supplemented with exercises, sentence-pattern examples, English-language glossaries, and extensive vocabulary lists. There are also discussion questions that can be used in conjunction with screenings of the films. Readings in Contemporary Chinese Cinema is designed for students with three or more years of college-level instruction in modern Chinese, and can be used alone or as a sequel to Anything Goes: An Advanced Reader of Modern Chinese. It has been proven effective at Princeton University and in the Princeton in Beijing program, and is ideal for those returning from study abroad in China.
- Author BiographyChih-p'ing Chou is professor of East Asian studies at Princeton University and director of the university's Chinese language and Princeton in Beijing programs. His books include Anything Goes and All Things Considered (both Princeton). Wei Wang is lecturer in Chinese at Washington University in St. Louis. Joanne Chiang is senior lecturer in Chinese at Princeton University.
- Author(s)Chih-p'ing Chou,Joanne Chiang,Professor Wei Wang
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleThe Princeton Language Program: Modern Chinese
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight857 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.