All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis important and welcome volume is the first English-language anthology of writings on Latin American modern art of the twentieth century. The book includes some fifty seminal essays and documents-including statements, interviews, and manifestoes by artists-that encompass the broad diversity of this emerging field. Many of these materials are difficult to access and some are translated here for the first time. Together the selections explore the breadth and depth of Latin American modern art as well as its distinctive evolution apart from American and European art history. Included in this collection are fascinating ideas and insights on the impact of the avant-garde in the 1920s, the Mexican mural movement, Surrealism and other fantasy-based styles, modern architecture, geometric and optical art, concrete and neo-concrete art, and political conceptualism. For students and scholars of Latin American art, the volume offers an invaluable collection of primary and secondary sources.
- Author BiographyPatrick Frank is assistant professor of art history at the University of Kansas. He is the author of Posada's Broadsheets: Popular Imagery in Mexico City, 1890-1910, and the coauthor of Artforms: An Introduction to the Visual Arts, now in its seventh edition.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2004
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byPatrick Frank
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.