All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to the Qur'an for n-Muslims. The text is arranged into themes: God and his praise; man in creation; prophethood in human guidance prior to Muhammad; Muhammad in his Meccan environment; Muhammad in his Medinan locale; religious law and devotion; social law and society; and the Last Things.
- Author BiographyKenneth Cragg was first in Jerusalem in 1939, and subsequently became deeply involved in areas of faith between Semitic religions under the stress of current politics. He later pursued doctoral studies in Oxford where he first graduated and became Prizeman' in Theology and Moral Philosophy, and where he is now an Honorary Fellow of Jesus College. He was a Bishop in the Anglican Jurisdiction in Jerusalem and elsewhere in the Middle East, and played ecclesiastical roles in Africa and India. A Certain Sympathy of Scriptures is a companion book to his Readings in the Qur'an (1988; 1999), and more broadly to his Faiths in Their Pronouns: Websites of Identity (2002). Other works by Bishop Cragg, and published by Sussex Academic Press, include: With God in Human Trust -- Christian Faith and Contemporary Humanism; The Weight in the Word -- Prophethood, Biblical and Quranic; and The Education of Christian Faith.
- PublisherSussex Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSussex Academic Press
- Weight432 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byKenneth Cragg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.