All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative new series provides numerous hand-stitched motifs* for embellishing, upcycling and revamping clothes, accessories and fabric items around the home. Simply choose a design from one of the 32 stitched samplers provided, transfer it to your chosen item using the corresponding iron-on transfer sheet at the back of the book, and add hand stitching following the instructions provided. There are tes on the materials and basic techniques used at the start of the book, and with just ten simple embroidery stitches to choose from, all with clear, step-by-step diagrams, even those new to stitching will be able to tackle all the designs provided. Clear instructions accompany each motif, with information on the DMC thread colours and the embroidery stitches used. Throughout, however, the reader is encouraged to experiment with the designs and interpret them in their own style by using different colours and stitches. In addition, there is a range of inspiring project ideas showing how the designs can be used, making this a must-have resource for sewers of all abilities. This book takes flowers as its theme and contains 74 floral designs that include tulips, daisies, roses, daffodils, pansies and roses in a broad range of styles. So whether you are looking for a small, dainty motif to decorate a child's dress, or a large, bold flower to add impact to a bag or jacket, you will find a design in this book that matches your item perfectly. *All the motifs have appeared previously in The Design Library and Design Source Book series, both published by Search Press.
- Author BiographyLesley Taylor has always enjoyed embroidery and has been stitching for many years. She has completed her City & Guilds Creative Embroidery Certificate Course and is now in her final year of the Creative Embroidery Diploma. She is an accomplished practitioner of surface embroidery, covering all the major decorative techniques. Lesley lives in Buckinghamshire.
- Author(s)Lesley Taylor
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleReady to Stitch
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note150 colour
- Weight544 g
- Width204 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.