All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique resource gives middle and secondary school English teachers 180 high-interest activities that build students' proficiency in the three major areas of the English curriculum - reading/literature, writing, and grammar. All the activities have been classroom tested, can be used with students of varying ability, and are effective as individual, group, or whole-class activities. For quick access and easy use, the activities are organized into 36 weekly packets-each packet including five 'Dailies' - and printed in a big 8-1/4 x 11 lay-flat format for easy photocopying. Each 'Dailies' activity begins with a well-written student passage followed by prompts that encourage students to examine the passage in terms of usage, stylistic devices, grammatical concepts, punctuation, and reading/literature skills. The activities require students to learn the rules that apply and to use the examples as springboards for their own writing. You'll find that these integrated 'Dailies' activities are ideally flexible. They can be completed as 'warm-ups' at the beginning of class, as mini-reviews for more advanced students, or serve as walk-through activities or homework assignments for students who need reinforcement. Each activity will lead to inquiry and lively discussion as students analyze the model passage and learn to write effectively.
- Author BiographyMary Ellen Ledbetter has taught in public schools in Michigan and Texas and at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas. She received Goose Creek CISD's Board of Trustees Bell Award for Outstanding Teacher in 1995, 1997, and 1998 and is currently a presenter and consultant for the Bureau of Education and Research in Bellevue, Washington. She also received their award for Distinguished Teaching and Outstanding Contribution to the Education Profession (2001). Ledbetter is the author of Writing Portfolio Activities Kit and Writing Research Projects Activities Kit from Jossey-Bass.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2005
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Weight1075 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.