All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe book targets undergraduate and postgraduate mathematics students and helps them develop a deep understanding of mathematical analysis. Designed as a first course in real analysis, it helps students learn how abstract mathematical analysis solves mathematical problems that relate to the real world. As well as providing a valuable source of inspiration for contemporary research in mathematics, the book helps students read, understand and construct mathematical proofs, develop their problem-solving abilities and comprehend the importance and frontiers of computer facilities and much more. It offers comprehensive material for both seminars and independent study for readers with a basic kwledge of calculus and linear algebra. The first nine chapters followed by the appendix on the Stieltjes integral are recommended for graduate students studying probability and statistics, while the first eight chapters followed by the appendix on dynamical systems will be of use to students of biology and environmental sciences. Chapter 10 and the appendixes are of interest to those pursuing further studies at specialized advanced levels. Exercises at the end of each section, as well as commentaries at the end of each chapter, further aid readers' understanding. The ultimate goal of the book is to raise awareness of the fine architecture of analysis and its relationship with the other fields of mathematics.
- Author BiographyA.D.R. CHOUDARY is professor and director general of the Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences, GC University, Lahore, Pakistan. Professor Choudary is also the director of National Center of Mathematics (NCM), Pakistan, and professor emeritus at Central Washington University, USA, as well as the convener of the 6th World Conference on 20th Century Mathematics 2013. He is the coeditor-in-chief of the Journal of Prime Research in Mathematics. CONSTANTIN P. NICULESCU is former professor of mathematics at the University of Craiova, Romania. He continues to publish and supervise doctoral theses in Real Analysis and Convexity. Professor Niculescu is director of the Center for Nonlinear Analysis and its Applications in Craiova and a member of The Academy of Romanian Scientists.
- Author(s)A. D. R. Choudary,Constantin P. Niculescu
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight967 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.