All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionEssential reading for those who work in global health, this practical handbook focuses on what might be the most important lesson of the last fifty years: that collaboration is the best way to make health resources count for disadvantaged people around the world. Designed as a learning resource to catalyze fresh thinking, Real Collaboration draws from case studies of teams struggling to combat smallpox, river blindness, polio, and other health threats. In honest appraisals, participants share their missteps as well as their successes. Based on these stories, as well as on analyses of many other enterprises, this accessible, engaging book distills the critical factors that can increase the likelihood of success for those who are launching or managing a new partnership. It features a solutions-oriented approach and covers leadership skills, management approaches and lessons from experienced project teams. The information is clearly presented in graphics, sidebars, checklists, and other useful features include the supplementary teaching aids that contain a DVD and additional online resources.
- Author BiographyMark L. Rosenberg is President and CEO of The Task Force for Global Health. Elisabeth S. Hayes is Associate Director of the Center for Global Health Collaboration at The Task Force for Global Health. Margaret H. McIntyre is President of MHM Associates. Nancy Neillis a writer and consultant who has worked with global health teams for more than a decade.
- Author(s)Elisabeth S. Hayes,Margaret H. McIntyre,Mark L. Rosenberg,Nancy Neill
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleCalifornia/ Milbank Books on Health & the Public
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note66 tables; 21 figures; 42 sidebars
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.