Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionOverworked managers kw that management is about doing the best you can with what you've got, in the real world of organisations that are demanding more and more, for less and less.This book is for every manager who kws that if doing that was as easy as most books and trainers make out, they'd be doing it already.The books you've read all seem to have been written by people who don't kw what it's like in the real world of work, and mistake you for a superhero instead of a real manager. You kw you could work out a better way of doing things, but the trouble with being an overworked manager is that you just can't seem to find the time. But what if someone else had done it for you - read all the management books, developed an approach that works and put it all in one practical accessible source? And what if that someone wasn't a management guru or consultant, but an overworked manager like you? Real Delegation blends the authors thinking framework with your experience, to help you be the best you can be.
- Author BiographyKaren Smart's background is in individual and organisational development. However, unlike some in her field, first and foremost Karen sees hereself as a line manager. In recent years, she's worked primarily on enabling managers to manage - developing and delivering everything from individual skill building and management development programmes to management systems design and organisation wide culture change. In addition to managing her team, Karen has coached senior managers and facilitated cross-functional working, problem solving and conflict management. Although she has two degrees and has researched extensively across a range of disciplines, ultimately Karen feels she's learned most about management from her experience as an overworked and undervalued manager, disempowered by bureaucracy. From this experience - and inspired by the man she says puts the J into KJ Smart and a lot of the smart too - the philosophy of real management for real people was born.
- Author(s)J. K. Smart
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication16/12/2002
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.