All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs real estate forms a significant part of the asset portfolios of most investors and lenders, it is crucial that analysts and institutions employ sound techniques for modelling and forecasting the performance of real estate assets. Assuming prior kwledge of ecometrics, this book introduces and explains a broad range of quantitative techniques that are relevant for the analysis of real estate data. It includes numerous detailed examples, giving readers the confidence they need to estimate and interpret their own models. Throughout, the book emphasises how various statistical techniques may be used for forecasting and shows how forecasts can be evaluated. Written by a highly experienced teacher of ecometrics and a senior real estate professional, both of whom are widely kwn for their research, Real Estate Modelling and Forecasting is the first book to provide a practical introduction to the ecometric analysis of real estate for students and practitioners.
- Author BiographyChris Brooks is Professor of Finance at the ICMA Centre, University of Reading, where he also obtained his PhD. He has published over sixty articles in leading academic and practitioner journals including the Journal of Business, the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Journal of Empirical Finance, the Review of Economics and Statistics and the Economic Journal. He is associate editor of a number of journals including the International Journal of Forecasting. He has also acted as consultant for various banks and professional bodies in the fields of finance, econometrics and real estate. He is the author of the bestselling textbook Introducing Econometrics for Finance (Cambridge University Press, 2009), now in its second edition. Sotiris Tsolacos is Director of European Research at Property and Portfolio Research. He has previously held positions with Jones Lang LaSalle Research and the University of Reading, where he also obtained his PhD. He has carried out extensive research work on modelling and forecasting real estate markets with over forty papers published in major international real estate research and applied economics journals. He is also a regular commentator on topical themes in the real estate market, with numerous contributions to practitioner journals.
- Author(s)Chris Brooks,Sotiris Tsolacos
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note104 b/w illus. 89 tables
- Weight1040 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.