All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCould an alien organism really survive a centuries-long trip on a meteor and remain virulent eugh to attack a human being? How would a scientist kw she was peering at a microbe from ather planet? What's the possibility of a genetically mutated monster actually developing? In a gripping exploration of the facts behind the science fiction that has enthralled millions of X-philes, Anne Simon -- the respected virologist who comes up with the science for many intriguing episodes -- discusses telomeres, cloning, the Hayflick limit, natechlogy, endosymbionts, lentiviruses, and other strange phemena that have challenged the intellect and threatened the lives and sanity of America's favorite FBI agents. With Simon's extraordinary gift for explaining complicated, cutting-edge science in a light, accessible style, and her behind-the-scenes commentary on the development of various plot lines, <i>The Real Science Behind the X-Files</i> will appeal to science buffs and <i>X-Files</i> aficionados alike.
- Author Biography<b>Anne Simon, Ph.D., </b> is a professor in the department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics at the University of Maryland, College Park, and an editor of the international journal <i>Virology.</i> She lives in Bowie, Maryland.
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication29/10/2001
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight552 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.