All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is authentic education? For that matter, what is a school? And what is a teacher? Over the last few decades, the American classroom has undergone a shift of ermous magnitude and the consequences of this are truly beginning to make themselves kwn. In Stuart Grauer's collection of true, short stories, Real Teachers, we are asked to consider the goals of contemporary education and ask: Is this what a school should be? Is this all a school can be? In Real Teachers, Grauer asks us to embrace discovery, individuality, perseverance, and possibility-to reconsider large class size, standardization, culture bias, risk-free schooling, and the sterilization of the curriculum. Through these stories of revitalization and a return to the roots of our culture and education, Grauer imparts a valuable lesson, incredibly relevant in this time where education is misunderstood, teaching is abused, and our students fall by the wayside. Real Teachers is a call to action, a call for change, and for a return to the community-oriented, regional education which was once dominant in our schools. Through this collection, Grauer invites us into the history of his life, his personal discoveries-his road to the growth that made him a real teacher.
- Author BiographyStuart Grauer, Ed.D. is the founding head teacher at the Grauer School, president of the Grauer Foundation for Education, and founder of the Coalition of Small Preparatory Schools. He became principal of the International School of Basel, Switzerland, at the age of 29. In 1991, he founded the Grauer School in order to establish humanitarian secondary education in Southern California. He is a major authority on small schools education and has evaluated and consulted with schools worldwide.
- Author(s)Stuart Grauer
- PublisherSelect Books Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSelect Books Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.