All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionReal-Time Graphics Rendering Engine reveals the software architecture of the modern real-time 3D graphics rendering engine and the relevant techlogies based on the authors' experience developing this high-performance, real-time system. The relevant kwledge about real-time graphics rendering such as the rendering pipeline, the visual appearance and shading and lighting models are also introduced. This book is intended to offer well-founded guidance for researchers and developers who are interested in building their own rendering engines. Hujun Bao is a professor at the State Key Lab of Computer Aided Design and Computer Graphics, Zhejiang University, China. Dr. Wei Hua is an associate professor at the same institute.
- Author BiographyProf. Hujun Bao is the director of State Key Lab of Computer Aided Design and Computer Graphics at Zhejiang University, China. His research interests include geometry computing for surfaces and signals on 2-manifold meshes, interactive graphics for display large scale of virtual scenes. In the early 1990's, he worked on computer graphics, developing algorithms for synthesizing realistic images, such as shading models for extended light sources, radiosity algorithms for generalized environments and fast ray tracing algorithms. In the late 1990's, he researched geometry computing on 2-manifold meshes and a rendering technique for large scale virtual scenes, devising algorithms for processing geometric surfaces or signals over 2-manifold meshes, and compact scene organization and rendering algorithms for real-time display of highly complex scenes. He has published more than 70 co-authored technical papers. He was awarded National Natural Science Foundation of China for Excellent Young Investigators in 1999. In recent years, with the support of National Natural Science foundation of China, he manages Interactive Graphics and Geometric Computing Research Group in the lab, working with five young scholars, more than twenty Master and PhD students. The group has made excellent progress on both research and software development. More information may be accessed through the web-pages: http://www.cad.zju.edu.cn/people/bao.html . Dr. Wei Hua is the associate professor of the State Key Lab of CAD&CG. His main interests include real-time rendering, virtual reality and software engineering. He is the author or co-author of more than twenty published papers, and the first author of six software products such as Visual Scenario: Real-time 3D View Simulation system , HiVi: Video and CG synthesis system , RadM: rapid modeling system , Relievo: Image based modeling system , Macro Dimension: large-scale terrain editing system , Macro Dimension: large-scale terrain real-time rendering system . So far he has obtained one patent for large-scale terrain rendering, and 3 other patent applications have been filed. He has been the leader of the two projects of the National High-tech Program, The fast modeling, processing and real-time visualization system for large-scale multi-source and multiresolution spatial information and The temporal-spatial information based landscape service system , and one NSF project Geometric signal processing for large-scale scene . More information can be accessed through the website, http://www.cad.zju.edu.cn/home/huawei/.
- Author(s)Hujun Bao,Wei Hua
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication08/06/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAdvanced Topics in Science and Technology in China
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note125 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight612 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.