All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to rea1ize real-time medica1 imaging systems, such as are used for computed tomography, automated miscroscopy, dynamic radioisotope imaging, etc., special tech1ogy is required. The high-speed image sour ce must be successfu11y married with the u1tra- high-speed computer. Usua11y the ordinary genera1-purpose computer is found to be inadequate to the image generation and/or image pro- cessing task. The ordinary computer executes instructions at be- tween 1 and 10 million per second. Speed has improved by only about a factor of 10 during the past 20 years. In contrast a typical com- puter used in recognizing blood cell images at 10,000 per hour must execute instructions at between 1 billion and 10 billion per second. Simi1ar execution rates are required to construct a computed tomogra- phy image in real-time (1 to 10 seconds). For the reasons given above, engineering development in image generation and processing in the field of biomedicine has become a discipline unto itself; a discipline wherein the computer engineer is driven to design extremely high-speed machines that far surpass the ordinary computer and the x-ray, radioisotope, or microscope scanner designer must also produce equipment whose specifications extend far beyond the state-of-the-art.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMorio Onoe
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.