Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionDonald B. Ardell wrote High Level Wellness: An Alternative to Doctors, Drugs and Disease 35 years ago! A movement has grown up around the term. Yet, Don believes it's time to move beyond what wellness has become-a broad catch-all term for prevention, for services, for products and for other matters that are t wellness in nature at all. In this update, Don describes what REAL wellness is about-and how to shape your lifestyle and mindset in a very good way. How? With a philosophy and value system founded on reason, exuberance, athleticism and liberty for a purposeful, high quality and meaningful life. This book deals with perspective, personal freedoms, exercise and diet, service to self and others, motivation for employees, the history of the wellness movement and, far more important, a model for the future from both a personal and a societal perspective. As with Don's others books and his 600-some newsletters since 1984, REAL wellness is great fun to read, provocative and timely. This is a book you will want to highlight with markers, write tes in the margins and bend pages for later re-reading and then, just before it falls apart, give it as a gift to a good friend.
- Author BiographyA recognized pioneer of the wellness movement, Donald B. Ardell, Ph.D. is the author of the landmark wellness book, High Level Wellness: An Alternative to Doctors, Drugs and Disease (Rodale, 1977; Bantam, 1979; and Ten Speed Press, 1987). His newsletter, the ARDELL WELLNESS REPORT, has shaped the wellness movement since 1984. Don directs a comprehensive website (SeekWellness.com) which offers daily editorials on his three favorite wellness themes-politics, sex and religion. In addition to his prolific writing, Don has been keynoting business and professional conferences since 1977. In his spare time he has won several national and four world championships in triathlon and duathlon. He is a perennial All-American in both sports. Don's other books include: The Book of Wellness: A Secular Approach to Spirituality, Meaning and Purpose, Die Healthy, Aging Beyond Belief and 14 Days to Wellness, among others. He has been recognized by the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, the National Wellness Institute (NWI) and most recently given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the German Wellness Association in Dusseldorf, Germany. Today Don promotes the latest thinking in wellness-called REAL wellness-a focus on reason, exuberance, athleticism, liberty-as a way to maximize our time on the planet and thrill at life's experiences.
- Author(s)Donald B Ardell Ph D
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.