Real Women, Real Leaders: Surviving and Succeeding in the Business World by Priscilla Shumway, Kathleen Hurley (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlan your path to leadership with insight from real women at the top In Real Women, Real Leadership, twenty-four women leaders describe their personal journeys to the top, providing deep insight and a fascinating perspective on making it as a woman in the male-dominated business environment. They discuss their experiences and offer guidance on topics such as balancing family and career, building alliances, mentoring and being mentored, and overcoming obstacles in the business world which is still dominated by men in the senior levels of management. Drawn from a range of industries including higher education, techlogy, law, the military, politics, the media, and more, these stories provide the details that every ambitious woman needs to kw. You'll learn which skills, attributes, and relationships served these women best, how they overcame the obstacles thrown into their paths, and the people they credit as instrumental along the way. A self-assessment chapter helps you discover your own leadership attributes, and determine which skills you need to acquire as you formulate your own personal roadmap to the top. There are many books about women who have been excellent leaders, but Real Women, Real Leadership provides the personal, relatable testimonials from women who have navigated the opportunities and pitfalls of the business world. Each story sheds light on women's unique leadership attributes, and provides guidance for professional women charting their own professional advancement. * Learn from women leaders in a diverse range of industries * Discover the leadership attributes that make the biggest impact * Gain insight into work/life balance, mentors, relationships, and more * Discover your leadership strengths and develop a plan forward Studies have shown that companies with three or more women board members dramatically outperform the competition in returns on equity, sales, and invested capital yet women only claim a tiny percentage of boardroom seats and top executive positions. Why? And why, when they do achieve leadership positions, do women tend to make such outstanding leaders? Real Women, Real Leadership tackles these questions and more from an in-the-trenches perspective to help you become the leader you want to be.
- Author BiographyKATHY HURLEY is a veteran of more than forty years in the education industry, where she has served in senior executive positions at Pearson, IBM, and The Learning Company among others. She recently attended Harvard University's Advanced Leadership Initiative and upon completion co-founded a global non-profit called Girls Thinking Global. She has received many industry awards, including induction into the AAP Hall of Fame. PRISCILLA SHUMWAY is president and principal of New Learning Presentation Systems, a consultancy specializing in learning and development. She is an award-winning presenter who has presented nationally and internationally, observing the challenges and opportunities facing women in business.
- Author(s)Kathleen Hurley,Priscilla Shumway
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight384 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine47 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.