All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionReal-time systems are defined as those for which correctness depends t only on the logical properties of the produced results, but also on the temporal properties of these results. In a database, real-time means that in addition to typical logical consistency constraints, such as a constraint on a data item's value, there are constraints on when transactions execute and on the 'freshness' of the data transactions access. The challenges and tradeoffs faced by the designers of real-time database systems are quite different from those faced by the designers of general-purpose database systems. To achieve the fundamental requirements of timeliness and predictability, t only do conventional methods for scheduling and transaction management have to be redesigned, but also new concepts that have t been considered in conventional database systems or in real-time systems need to be added. Real-Time Database and Information Systems: Research Advances is devoted to new techniques for scheduling of transactions, concurrency management, transaction logging, database languages, and new distributed database architectures. Real-Time Database and Information Systems: Research Advances is primarily intended for practicing engineers and researchers working in the growing area of real-time database and information retrieval systems. For practitioners, the book will provide a much needed bridge for techlogy transfer and continued education. For researchers, the book will provide a comprehensive reference for well-established results. The book can also be used in a senior or graduate level course on real-time systems, real-time database systems, and database systems, or closely related courses.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number420
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight688 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAzer Bestavros,Victor Fay-Wolfe
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.