All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionReality TV has changed television and changed reality, even if we are t among the millions who watch. Written for a broad audience, this accessible overview addresses questions such as: How real is reality TV? How do its programs represent gender, sex, class, and race? How does reality TV relate to politics, to consumer society, to surveillance? What kind of ethics are on display? Drawing on current media research and the author s own analysis, this study encompasses the history and evolution of reality television, its production of reflexive selves and ordinary celebrity, its advertising and commercialization, and its spearheading of new relations between television and social media. To dismiss this programming as trivial is easy. Deery demonstrates that reality television merits serious attention and her incisive analysis will interest students in media studies, cultural studies, politics, sociology, and anyone who is simply curious about this global phemen.
- Author BiographyJune Deery is an Associate Professor of Media Studies at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She has been a Faculty Fellow at the National Association of Television Program Executives and currently serves as her department s Graduate Program Director.
- Author(s)June Deery
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleKey Concepts in Media and Cultural Studies
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width154 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.