All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Church in Colosse was facing many challenges<br/>peripheral ideas about angels and fasting were starting to dominate the agenda.<br/>women were to be treated as equal, with mutual responsibility between the sexes<br/>respect for slaves needed to be applied in a society whose masters had total control.<br/>Today's society is similarly taken up with angels; 'higher' forms of spirituality, gender roles, and the world of work. These can critically distract the church and make it lose sight of the fact that Jesus is sufficient for a fully-developed life.Paul reminded the Colossians of Jesus' unique person (being both God and man), of his work on the cross, of his exaltation to the supreme place in the universe. In short, that Jesus was all they needed. In coming to kw him, they had been given new life which t only produced a new relationship with God, but also new relationships between believers, be it that of male and female, parents and children, or masters and slaves.Christians today have to affirm the reality of Christ in these same key areas.
- Author BiographyDerek Tidball is visiting scholar at Spurgeon's College, London. Previously, he served as principal of the London School of Theology, where he lectured in pastoral theology. He is appreciated as a Bible expositor at conferences and conventions for which he is much in demand.
- Author(s)Derek Tidball
- PublisherChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationTain
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Weight254 g
- Width136 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.