All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs belief in the Christian God intellectually defensible? Is it even morally necessary? In this book, Dr. Shabbir Akhtar, himself a Muslim, examines and rejects one fideist and two reductionist defences of the rationality of Christian conviction in modern industrial society. He identifies ather defensive position - theological revisionism - which has recently gained popularity with secularized Christian thinkers. Rejecting this as merely a conservative version of reductionism, he emphasizes the need for reviving the tradition of natural theology and, in doing so, a religious vision of the world.
- Author(s)Shabbir Akhtar
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1987
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 7: Theology & Religion
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1987
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.