Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionIn this brilliant and thoroughly engaging work Ian McKay sets out to revamp the history of Canadian socialism. Drawing on models of left politics in Marx and Gramsci, he outlines a fresh agenda for exploration of the Canadian left. In rejecting the usual paths of sectarian or sentimental histories, McKay draws on contemporary cultural theory to argue for an inventive strategy of reconnaissance. This important, groundbreaking work combines the highest standards of scholarship, and a broad kwledge of current debates in the field. Rebels, Reds, Radicals is the introduction to McKay's definitive multi-volume work on the history of Canadian socialism (volume one, Reasoning Otherwise: Leftists and the People's Enlightenment in Canada, 1890-1920 will be available in November 2008). Ian McKay teaches at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. His previous books include Rebels, Reds, Radicals, For a Working-Class Culture in Canada, and The Quest of the Folk: Antimodernism and Cultural Selection in Twentieth-Century Nova Scotia.
- Author(s)Ian McKay
- PublisherBetween the Lines
- Date of Publication22/09/2005
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBetween the Lines
- Weight231 g
- Width110 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.