All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionUrban redevelopment in American cities is neither easy r quick. It takes a delicate alignment of goals, power, leadership and sustained advocacy on the part of many. Rebuilding the American City highlights 15 urban design and planning projects in the U.S. that have been catalysts for their downtowns-yet were implemented during the tumultuous start of the 21st century. The book presents five paradigms for redevelopment and a range of perspectives on the complexities, successes and challenges inherent to rebuilding American cities today. Rebuilding the American City is essential reading for practitioners and students in urban design, planning, and public policy looking for diverse models of urban transformation to create resilient urban cores.
- Author BiographyDavid Gamble is a Lecturer in the Department of Urban Planning and Design at the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University, USA. He is a registered architect and certified urban planner and Principal of Gamble Associates based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The practice focuses on urban revitalization and community development. Patty Heyda is an Assistant Professor of Urban Design and Architecture at the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis, USA. She conducts research on the processes underpinning contemporary urbanism and design through drawing, writing and design projects.
- Author(s)David Gamble,Patty Heyda
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note49 black & white halftones, 88 colour illustrations, 27 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.