All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Tim Hennessy has skillfully drawn on his life experiences to put together RECALLED TO HEALTH, which is both a memoire of his path to becoming a doctor and a useful medical guide to achieving and keeping good health. Dr. Hennessy wrote the book over a five-year period in between his work as a doctor and his other professional and personal pursuits. He says the initial impetus for it came from his bimonthly health newsletter, H-mail: Medical Education Made Easy. Dr. Hennessy describes the focus of his book as conservative medicine: he aims to promote freedom by inspiring one and all to live healthier lives and, in the process, to become less dependent on medication and the flawed health service and more emboldened to live life to its fullest, unimpeded by the physical constraints of poor health. By providing a medical foundation that will lead to a better understanding of medical topics, RECALLED TO HEALTH can empower its readers to take charge of their own health. Cholesterol, blood pressure, diet and weight management, exercise, sleeping habits and the role of nature in health are some of the topics discussed in full here, along with suggestions for optimum actions, behaviours or treatments. Each of the chapters ends with a helpful summary of tips and the back of the book contains numerous, fully cited references listed by chapters as well as an index.
- Author BiographyTim Hennessy is a general practitioner in a Wilmington, Delaware. He publishes an online bimonthly health newsletter, H-mail: Medical Education Made Easy and teaches internal medicine at the Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where he, also, received his degree. He is a board member of the Delaware Academy of Medicine and is the current chairman of the Academy's library system.
- Author(s)Tim Hennessy
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication25/01/2010
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Weight300 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.