Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionPlant polyphels are secondary metabolites that constitute one of the most common and widespread groups of natural products. They express a large and diverse panel of biological activities including beneficial effects on both plants and humans. Many polyphels, from their structurally simplest representatives to their oligo/polymeric versions (also referred to as vegetable tannins) are tably kwn as phytoestrogens, plant pigments, potent antioxidants, and protein interacting agents. Sponsored by Groupe Polyphels, this publication, which is the third volume in this highly regarded Recent Advances in Polyphel Research series, is edited by Veronique Cheynier, Pascale Sarni-Manchado, and Stephane Quideau (the current President of Groupe Polyphels). Like their predecessors, they have once again put together an impressive collection of cutting-edge chapters written by expert scientists internationally respected in their respective field of polyphel sciences. This Volume 3 provides the latest information and opinion on the following major research topics about polyphels: * Organic chemistry and physical chemistry * Biosynthesis, genetics and metabolic engineering * The role of polyphels in plants and ecosystems * Health and nutrition * Analysis and metabolomics Chemists, biochemists, plant scientists, pharmacogsists and pharmacologists, biologists, ecologists, food scientists and nutritionists will all find this book an invaluable resource. Libraries in all universities and research institutions where these disciplines are studied and taught should have copies on their bookshelves.
- Author BiographyVeronique Cheynier and Pascale Sarni-Manchado are based at Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR Sciences Pour l'Enologie, Montpellier, France. Stephane Quideau is at the University of Bordeaux, Institut Europeen de Chimie et Biologie, (ISM, CNRS-UMR 5255), France.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- Series TitleRecent Advances in Polyphenol Research
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width173 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byPascale Sarni-Manchado,Stephane Quideau,Veronique Cheynier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.