All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.48Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the President of the Research Society on Alcoholism Alcohol research has entered an era of growth which brings enhanced opti- mism regarding the elucidation of the biochemical and psychosocial factors which combine to produce the phemena of alcohol abuse and alcoholism. The solidification of kwledge regarding the genetic determinants of certain alcohol-related problems puts on firm footing the biological approaches for developing solutions to these problems. The current volume of Recent Devel- opments in Alcoholism contains an excellent blend of information both on stud- ies assessing the behavioral and physiological variables which may be ge- netically linked to an individual's risk of developing problems with alcohol, and on clinical and basic science investigations of the pathological conse- quences of excessive ethal ingestion. Further progress in the alcoholism research area will continue to require investigation of the interactions of en- vironmental variables with the genetically determined biology of an individ- ual. Novel techniques in the fields of molecular genetics, physical chemistry, and behavioral pharmacology are being brought to bear on the central issues in the field, and the addition of these tools to the science of alcohol research brings closer the prospect of fruitful clinical application of our basic kwl- edge. The Research Society on Alcoholism remains devoted to the task of promoting the generation of kwledge regarding the actions of alcohol and the mechanisms which produce alcohol abuse and alcoholism.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight669 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarc Galanter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.