All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features a fascinating introduction to the culture and traditions of the Netherlands, including information on the local geography and produce, national festivities, key ingredients and cooking techniques. You can discover both local and national dishes that range from sustaining peasant fare using fresh seasonal produce, to the dishes influenced by exotic ingredients brought back by Dutch sea merchants. You can explore the range of tastes found in Dutch cuisine with 75 varied recipes such as Alkmaar Cheese Soup, Hussar's Salad, Terrine of smoked Limburg Trout, Poffertjes (pancake puffs), Spice cake and Frisian Sugar Bread. It includes more than 350 stunning pictures by leading food photographer, Debi Treloar. The cuisine of the Netherlands reflects the tastes of a seafaring, trading nation with a strong preference for fresh vegetables, and a passion for all things sweet and spicy. This beautiful book explores the rich history of Dutch cooking and eating traditions, ranging from the characteristic spicy dishes of the early Middle Ages to today's cosmopolitan eating styles.The book presents a selection of more than 75 superb step-by-step recipes, from simple farmhouse main courses such as Sauerkraut Mash with Smoked Sausage, to regional dishes like Creamy Veal Stew with Prunes. Join in the Dutch love-affair with all things sweet by baking Janhagel biscuits, flavoured with cinnamon, aniseed and almonds or treacle and cheese waffles kwn as Goudse Stroopwafels, and experience truly authentic Dutch cooking.
- Author BiographyJanny de Moor is a culinary writer and photographer working in the Netherlands. As well as running Janny de Moor Culinaire Producties, she has been a co-organizer and writer for several national culinary campaigns in the Netherlands. Janny has written 21 cook books and writes for national Dutch newspapers and magazines.
- Author(s)Janny de Moor
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note350 photographs
- Weight544 g
- Width176 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.