All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.03
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a critical edition of the Kramapatha and Jatapatha forms of recitational permutations of several sections of the Saunakiya Atharvaveda available in six rare manuscripts found in Pune, India. Such recitational variations for the Atharvaveda are longer available in the surviving oral tradition in India, and hence the texts, critically edited here, provide rare access to these materials. Some of these recitational variations are defined in the ancient text, Saunakiya Caturadhyayika, which was recently published in a critical edition in Harvard Oriental Studies (vol.52, 1997). The texts offered here allow scholars to compare the recitational tradition of the Atharvaveda with those of other Vedas, which are still available in the surviving oral tradition. The edition has a detailed introduction that investigates the historical origins, development and significance of these recitational permutations.
- Author(s)Madhav M. Deshpande
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- Series TitleHarvard Oriental Series
- Series Part/Volume Number61
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1102 g
- Width184 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.