All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionReckoning at the Frontier examines Mexico's struggle with organized crime through the stunning, introspective photographs of rewned photojournalist Eros Hoagland. Focused on the border cities of Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez, Hoagland travels through the harsh deserts and urban mazes of rthern Mexico. Part journalistic reportage and part artistic exploration, Reckoning at the Frontier goes beyond drug war crime scene imagery to reveal a parallel narrative about the price of complacency, the power of fear, and the consequences of corruption.Hoagland's long-term work in Mexico has appeared in the New York Times, Der Spiegel, Time magazine, and many others.
- Author BiographyEros Hoagland began working as a photojournalist in 1993 covering the aftermath of El Salvador's civil war. He has since worked in countries stained by violence and unrest across the globe including Iraq, Haiti, Eritrea and Colombia. As well as documenting the political climate and social impact of conflict, Eros looks for an emotional narrative when approaching reportage projects.He also works on travel, and adventure sport stories as well as business and lifestyle pieces. His clients include: TIME, NEWSWEEK, NEW YORK TIMES, MEN'S JOURNAL, FRONTLINE, FADER, FORTUNE, FORBES, PEOPLE, ESQUIRE, STERNHonors: PDN's 30 emerging photographers 2006, Visa Pour L'image: Perpignan slideshow 2005, LIFE magazine photo award 2004, TIME magazine pictures of the year 2005. Jasmine DeFoore is a Photo Editor based in Austin, Texas, and founder of http: //ILoveTexasPhoto.com. Myles Estey is currently based in Mexico City, where he contributes writing and photos to GlobalPost. Before moving to Mexico, Myles lived and worked in Liberia from 2008 to 2010, as a media trainer and a freelance journalist. Myles has contributed writing, photos, video or audio to VBS, CNN, World Politics Review, World Vision Report, PRI, Surfer's Journal and numerous others. Previously, he worked as the editor-in-chief of the Vancouver-based Captial Magazine and co-directed its affiliate multimedia project, and briefly as a writer and editor in the environmental sector.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Weight1293 g
- Width249 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJasmine DeFoore
- Photographer(s)Eros Hoagland
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.