All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is alternative to neoliberal ecomics - or so it appeared when Reclaiming Development was published in 2004. Many of the same driving assumptions - monetarism and globalization - remain within the international development policy establishment. Ha-Joon Chang and Ilene Grabel confront this neoliberal development model head-on by combining devastating ecomic critique with an array of invative policies and an in-depth analysis of the experiences of leading Western and East Asian ecomies. Still, much has changed since 2004 - the relative success of some developing countries in weathering the global financial crisis has exposed the latent contradictions of the neoliberal model. The resulting situation of increasingly open policy invation in the global South means that Reclaiming Development is even more relevant today than when it was first published. History is being made.
- Author BiographyHa-Joon Chang teaches economics at Cambridge University. He is the author of 23 Things They Don't Tell You about Capitalism. Ilene Grabel is an economist and professor at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver.
- Author(s)Ha-Joon Chang,Ilene Grabel
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleGlobal Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
- Foreword byRobert Hunter Wade
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.