All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeminism is so last century. Surely in today's world the idea is irrelevant and unfashionable? Wrong. Since the turn of the millennium a revitalised feminist movement has emerged to challenge these assumptions. Based on a survey of over a thousand feminists, Reclaiming the F Word reveals the what, why and how of today's feminism, from cosmetic surgery to celebrity culture, from sex to singleness and w, in this new edition, the gendered effects of possibly the worst ecomic crisis ever. This is a generation-defining book demanding thing less than freedom and equality, for all.
- Author BiographyCatherine Redfern is founder of The F Word website. In 2002 the site was highly commended by Women in Publishing's New Venture Awards, and in 2003 Redfern was named by the Guardian as one of 50 'Women to Watch'. Now over twelve years old, The F Word (www.thefword.org.uk) is recognised as having contributed to a revived interest in feminism amongst younger women and men, and continues to provide a voice for the UK's feminist community today. Kristin Aune is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Derby, where she teaches on feminism, gender and religion. She has been involved in feminist groups for more than a decade and has published widely on gender, religion and feminism. Her books include Women and Religion in the West: Challenging Secularization (2008) and Christianity and the University Experience: Understanding Student Faith (2013).
- Author(s)Catherine Redfern,Dr. Kristin Aune
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight363 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine129 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.