Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionIt's called consciousness-raising (CR). Asking questions about our experiences and sharing insights and analyses with others can be the basis for informed activism for positive social change. CR provided the entry point for feminists who shaped the women's liberation movement in the late 1960s and 1970s, and is w being revitalized across class, race and geography in face-to-face groups and on the internet. Reclaiming the Feminist Vision traces the origins, principles and impact of consciousness-raising; reveals how the process migrated to other settings, sometimes maintaining the original political intent and sometimes diluting it. The book calls for the renewal of the practice to help feminists regain their voices and their power in shaping social movement history.
- Author BiographyJanet L. Freedman is a resident scholar at the Brandeis University Women's Studies Research Center in Waltham, Massachusetts. She is the former dean of library services and a professor emerita at University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth where she also served as director of the Women's Studies Program. She lives in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Janet Freedman
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.