All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionSo begins this lovely volume of exquisite photographs from Laos, a country whose remote regions are still hidden away to all but a few inquisitive scholars and venturesome travelers. The capital city of Vientiane and far-flung regions of the country are richly illustrated in 150 color images. The photographs recount the author's personal journey to towns and villages in the 1990s, portraying ethnic mirities and lowlanders, their traditional life and work, and the natural environment and terrain. Apart from a descriptive introduction, the captions provide the only text. The author observes signs of modernization with each subsequent visit--traditional dress replaced by Western clothing, forests destroyed by a new road. The book provides a rare and nuanced glimpse into the country and people of Laos as they stand at the crossroads of change.
- Author BiographyLinda Reinink-Smith worked as a geologist in the Lao People's Democratic Republic and has traveled extensively in the country.
- Author(s)Linda Reinink-Smith
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Content Note220 color illus.
- Weight477 g
- Width6466 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.