All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the status of English Studies in India, aspirations pinned on the subject by students, teachers, policy-makers and society in general, and how these are addressed at the higher education level. It presents analytical background discussions of the history and policy environment, and offers open-ended, multi-faceted and multi-vocal accounts of particular aspects of contemporary Indian English Studies, including curriculum, pedagogy, research, employment, relation to Indian vernaculars and translation studies. Reconsidering English Studies in Indian Higher Education is an invaluable source for anyone interested in: * The relevant histories and higher education policies * Professional concerns, including employment, management, teaching and scholarly practices, and negotiations in terms of socio-cultural life * Student attitudes, experiences and aspirations * Management ethos and academic work in a comparative perspective, informed by the situation and debates in the United Kingdom and United States of America * The context of global English Studies and globalization The book will be of primary interest to academic readers such as students, teachers and researchers in English Studies in India, Britain and wherever the discipline is pursued at higher education level Suman Gupta is Professor and Chair in Literature and Cultural History at The Open University. Richard Allen is Professor Emeritus at the Department of English at The Open University. Subar Chattarji is Associate Professor at the Department of English, University of Delhi. Supriya Chaudhuri is Professor Emeritus at the Department of English, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Author BiographySuman Gupta is Professor and Chair in Literature and Cultural History at The Open University. Richard Allen is Professor Emeritus in the Department of English at The Open University. Subarno Chattarji is Associate Professor in the Department of English at the University of Delhi. Supriya Chaudhuri is Professor Emeritus in the Department of English at Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Author(s)Richard Allen,Subarno Chattarji,Suman Gupta,Supriya Chaudhuri
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Higher Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 52 black & white tables
- Weight488 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.