All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an intimate story of a mother's dedication and devotion to her teenage son's recovery after a brutal motorcycle accident, and the things she learned through David's long slow journey back from traumatic brain injury. This book takes place from the impact of injury through the six weeks of David's coma. This book is for both family members who are going through this experience as well as professionals whose task and mission is to provide service and comfort to both the patient and their families. This book provides two important lessons in learning. The first is for family members to better understand the complications of traumatic brain injury and how much it takes to be an advocate. The second lesson is for professionals to realize that family members can be effective partners in the healing process once the professionals learn to listen and treat family members with more trust and respect. They both desperately need each other.
- Author BiographyDeanna Scott has been a corporate trainer for over 25 years. She has personally trained over 300,000 people worldwide on subjects including communication, negotiating, emotional intelligence, and conflict resolution. Her programs have been presented to some of the largest companies in the world and some have them as part of their regular curriculum. She has conducted training programs at Abbott Laboratories, Hospira, Yaskawa, College of Lake County, Argonne National Laboratories, British Airways, Hewlett Package and Marks & Spencer. She offers her programs in the USA, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and Asia.
- Author(s)Deanna Scott
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.